I was tagged over a month ago by my good friend Heather. I've had a little writer's block for the last, oh say, 6 months. But here is my attempt at the tag. Are you ready for a little too much information? Here are the rules:
"MY UNSPECTACULAR QUIRKS"
1.Link to the person who tagged you
2.Mention the rules on your blog
3.Tell 6 unspectacular quirks about you4.
Tag 6 following bloggers by linking to them
5.Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger's blogs letting them know they've been tagged.
1. I am not a deep thinker. One of my friends once told me that she loved to think "deep thoughts." We were 16 at the time, and she was pretty young and immature. But I'm going to admit it. I'm pretty shallow. I spend most of my time thinking about things that are not going to change the world. (My thoughts might change what we are having for dinner. . . )
2. I love a long hot bath. I have a hard time going to bed at night, but have learned that if I soak in the bath for a while, it helps me to relax. I've told Steve that when we build a house one day, we HAVE to have a big ol' jetted tub.
3. I have a large collection of bowls. Yep, bowls. I worked at Pier 1 in college and I developed a love for mixing bowls. I have at least 15 different mixing/serving bowls and I would buy more if Steve would let me.
4. I am a fast reader. I've always loved to read. I read the last Harry Potter book in about 8 hours. I've developed the ability to read super fast, but I'm not very good at information retention. Because of my poor reading retention, I also like to read the same books over and over. I have a collection of about 50 books that I have read at least 5 or 6 times each.
5. I am a picker. Scabs, peeling sunburns, hangnails, etc. I drive my kids and husband crazy. Steve has really dry flaky skin and I am constantly bugging him about scratching it off. I can't stand it when my kids have dirty ears or noses or dry skin. Lindsay had cradle cap when she was a baby and I just about went nuts. She always had flaky skin in her hair because I would scratch her scalp while she was nursing. Grossed out yet?
Just one more.
6. I would rather clean the bathroom than fold laundry. I HATE laundry. I would rather clean toilets for hours than fold laundry and put it away for 20 minutes. This is why I always have a huge pile of laundry sitting on my couch in the basement. But strangely enough, my bathrooms aren't really that clean . . .
Whoever is ambitious enough to try this one.