Monday, February 4, 2008

Inside Out

In the small town I grew up in, there was a strange fad that broke out about the time that I was in high school. It was very popular to wear your sweatshirt inside out. You know, with the tags hanging out and the seams showing. I'm not really sure that this was a widespread phenomenon (my hometown was a little backward), but it was definitely a weird one.

Where am I going with this, you ask? I was leaving Target after my weekly excursion, when I tried to put my keys in the pocket of my hooded jacket. I soon realized that I had no pocket. I had put my jacket on inside out. Good job, crazy lady.

I'm wondering if I am going to start a new trend. Isn't that how trends start--with a 30ish mother of two kids wearing stained sweats and no make-up. We'll see . . .

On a different note, I just wanted to share that Lindsay took her first bottle tonight. I WILL have her weaned by the end of the month. Hello freedom, here I come!

9 comments:

Cassie Rakes said...

YES,I'm glad I'm not only one whose done that. It's amazing how something like that could embarrass us, yet I can see half the kids walking down my street's underwear. Congrats on the weaning, too. It amazed me this last time how much energy nursing sucked out of me.

Sarah said...

Hooray for weaning!

Also, I went through the inside-out sweatshirt thing right here in good old Fairfield. It might have been widespread...or maybe we're just both weird!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the bottle! I knew you could do it! And I guess I just didn't pay attention to fashion, but I don't remember the inside out thing... I guess I should pay more attention to what's going on around me!

chelle said...

HAHA I went through the inside out sweatshirt thing in high school as well. And to be honest...one of my fav swaetshirts to lounge a round in at home is pretty stained up, so if I want to go somewhere while I have it on I just flip it inside out. But...I did cut the tags off lol.
Congrats on the weaning thingy!! FREEDOM FREEDOM!! wahooo.

Patty said...

Shall we all give a show of support for our trend-setter by wearing inside out sweatshirts to church on Sunday?!!
As long as you don't go down the Madonna-route and start wearing underwear on the outside I think you're doing good.
Congrats on the weaning!! Sounds like freedom is just around the corner!! Yea!!

Leslie said...

At least you didn't accidentally tuck the back of your dress into your nylons in the restroom at work, and then return to your desk. Yup, THAT could be embarrassing! Maybe insideout isn't so bad afterall.

Rebecca said...

Weaning is a wonderful thing! I had forgotten about that sweatshirt thing, but I'm pretty sure that we did that in Milford. Or maybe it's just the power of suggestion that is creating that memory for me. My brother Scott created half of my childhood memories for me just by telling me about episodes from our childhood. Sarah let me know early on that Scott was making up most of the stories, though. I'm not sure what memories to believe anymore!

carrie said...

i live in sweats. i guess when you reach my age, comfort overrides fashion and style, unless of course, comfort is the main theme of the new and trendy fashion statement but that seems rarely the case. remember the leggings thing? lol...i think we're better off with sweats!

freedom, yes! it's a good thing!

Natalie said...

I remember actually submitting to that trend and purposely turning my sweatshirt inside-out just to try to be cool. We all know that didn't work! Congrats on nursing as long as you did. This last time around I lasted for one month!